Tuesday, October 4, 2011

What we have been up to?

I know I am way behind on blogging. Things have been very crazy these last couple of weeks. I was working fulltime, keeping up with my active 2 year old, getting Riley's room ready, and running around all weekend, and doing way too much. When I went to the doctor this Thursday my blood pressure was really high. My doctor knows I work at school, so she wanted my nurse to monitor it Friday. I called her at lunch with my results and she said I had an hour to get to labor and delivery for tests and more monitoring, and I could not go back to work. So I had to leave unprepared for my long term sub. After running tests, I was released. Reese was sick all weekend with 103 temperature. My parents came into town to help Chris and I out. Reese just had a little bug, but is better today! Yesterday I went back to doctor and because my blood pressure was still high on bed rest, she sent me back to labor and delivery! They ran all the same tests and released me again. I have to go see my doctor every other day until delivery. C-section is scheduled for October 13th at 39 weeks. The crazy part is she delivered Reese at 38 weeks and she was perfectly healthy. We found out through the nurse that the rules and guidelines have changed and the doctors get in trouble for delivering scheduled c-sections before 39 weeks without really good reason. Well, I think I have a really good reason, but I'm not the doctor so I will wait and see. The good thing is Riley is doing great and healthy and that's all that matters!! I am just ready to chase Reese around the yard and play with both my sweet girls! I am trying to relax, but bed rest is horrible!

My amazing mother, sister, and cousin-law had a shower for me last weekend! It was beautiful and Riley got so many cute things. She got tons of personalized stuff which I love and special clothes. She also got all of her bedding, tons of diapers, and neccesities. Reese did good getting lots of big sister stuff.It was so nice to have family and friends celebrate Riley! We are so thankful to have so many people that love us!

Reese Update: Reese is becoming such an amazing big girl. She is almost fully potty trained and I can't take any of the credit. Her day care teacher said she thought she was ready, so we started trying. I was planning to wait until after Riley got here. It only took about a week and she is accident free most days. She sleeps in a pull-up at nap and night-time and when we are going somewhere for a long time. But at school and home she wears panties and is doing great! She knows tons of songs, can identify all her letters, and count to 20, is learning what letters sound like, loves gymnastics and listens so well, and is starting to color objects pretty well.I am so proud of her. She is going to be such a good big sister!!










No comments: