Saturday, June 20, 2009

Reese's Arrival

Reese Elizabeth Uschold joined our world on June 17th at 2:37 pm weighing a whopping 9 pounds. She is so beautiful and we are so in love with her. We went in Tuesday night and the doctor induced my labor Wednesday morning at 4:30 am. By 6 I was already having contractions pretty bad. At 10 they gave me my epidural and I fell asleep. At 11 I was already at a 8 and I started shaking. 20 minutes later we started pushing and pushing and pushing. The doctor could see the head right away, but could not get it past the wall. I tried as hard as I could, but nothing happened. Reese's heartbeat started to speed up so the doctor decided we needed to do a c-section right away. I was in tears because I wanted so bad to have her naturally, but I couldn't do it anymore and Reese was in danger. Only Chris was allowed to be in for the c-section. It was great because I could still hear everything and feel a part of it. To get Reese out the nurse had to get on the table and push my stomach. The second we heard that first cry Chris and I both burst out into tears. When I close my eyes I can still hear that first cry. Nothing can ever be more amazing than that experience. We are so very blessed and I feel so complete!!









4 comments:

Ramie Babcock said...

Congrats! She is a healthy baby girl at 9 lbs!! She's adorable! And I'm glad you just went with the flow...I told you, you had to put it in God's hands! Good job!! Tell Daddy congrats too!!

The Furmans said...

Awww, she's adorable! Look at those adorable cheeks....I can't wait to kiss on them. I'm so happy for you guys. Reese is one lucky girl!

Jana said...

Awww, Tina, she's beautiful. I am so happy everything had a happy ending. I hope you are feeling ok. I know you are going to be a great mommy!

Courteney Miller said...

Congratulations on the new addition to your family! She's beautiful!